Have your children had an eye examination in the last year?
Children rarely complain about their eye sight but can often show in their behaviour that there is a problem with their vision.
A full ocular assessment (eye examination) is important for children as visual problems can be detected which may hinder a child’s ability to learn in class. A classic example of this is a child with myopia (short-sighted) who is reported as having poor attention in class due to the child’s inability to see the board.
At City Eyes Ophthalmic Opticians, we run a paediatric clinic which adapts the eye exam to suit children of different ages. We treat our young patients like ‘VIPs’ to ensure that the fear of coming to see the Optometrist disappears upon arrival and they feel at ease.
Vision therapy is a non-surgical and customized program set up by City Eyes Ophthalmic Opticians designed to correct certain vision problems and/or improve visual skills. The clinics are run for both children and adults alike.
…Around 35-40% of people with dyslexic difficulties are estimated to experience visual disturbance or discomfort when reading. They may experience one or several of the following…
- Blurred letters or words which go out of focus
- Letters which move or present with back to front appearance or shimmering or shaking
- Headaches from reading
- Words or letters which break into two and appear as double
- Find it easier to read large, widely spaced print, than small and crowded
- Difficulty with tracking across the page
- Upset by glare on the page or oversensitive to bright lightsWith a family orientated attitude, City Eyes Ophthalmic Opticians can take care of your entire family’s Optical health.
For more information or to book an appointment please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone us on 02076386192
Image courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net